raise the bar, lower the barriers
we believe that individuals can live lives that have a net positive effect on the environment
we believe that living eco-positive lifestyles have more direct benefits to individuals than costs
we don't need to sacrifice in order to "save the world"
we can take the opportunity that terrifies so many, and use it to lead us to a living breathing paradise
what do we mean in direct terms?
- make local responsibly produced foods more desired and more accessible to people (mostly lower the cost - we have succeeded to do this by 50% already)
- make homes and shelters more responsibly produced, desired, and affordable (we can lower the cost 100 fold)
- identify more pro-active steps to make positive effects (like planting trees)
- promote lifestyle change through various means (have spread content to hundreds of millions)
read more details below
it's pretty simple. if responsibly grown foods are tastier, less expensive, and healthier... people will choose them over more expensive, less tasty, less healthy, foods grown in eco-harmful manners.
if a "green" home is more beautiful, more affordable, and just better than more expensive less attractive homes built in eco-harmful manners... people will buy the "green" home.
SO, instead of focusing on some kind of moralizing campaigns to get people to "change their bad ways", let's just lower the barrier for people to live eco-positive lifestyles
we've identified two primary pathways for this:
- decrease the cost of local organic sustainble food by getting people to buy in bulk as individuals or groups
- decrease the cost of eco-housing through consumer friendly development, collaborative consumption, and settling relatively less populated areas
coming soon: the health and wealth house
the health and wealth houses are places where like-minded individuals who want to live a basically eco-positive lifestyle can live together.
their costs are decreased through shared rental agreement (or ownership) and they also utilize their space as a central point for bulk purchasing and distribution of eco-friendly goods
they may also host events along these lines such as healthy food parties, physical activity classes, general working together etc...
at present, bei can provide training and software to streamline the eco-businessalso available to read now read about the west coast path plan