The Better Earth Institute
Our main premises:
There are many major problems in the world caused by humans making bad decisions.
There are many conditions on Earth that would be preferable for humans to change.
Humans can be net positive on the world, and we should focus on that.
Focusing on restricting undesirable behavior may fail where focusing on positively reinforcing and encouraging desirable behavior succeeds.
In direct terms:
- Make local responsibly produced foods more desired and more accessible to people, like lowering their costs, and that will result in more people choosing that option instead of foods from far away that are potentially worse for the environment and less fresh so worse for the consumer.
- make homes and shelters more responsibly produced, desired, and affordable (we can lower the cost by 90% )
- identify more pro-active steps to make positive effects
- promote lifestyle change
read more details below
it's pretty simple. if responsibly grown foods are tastier, less expensive, and healthier... people will choose them over more expensive, less tasty, less healthy, foods grown in eco-harmful manners.
if a "green" home is more beautiful, more affordable, and just better than more expensive less attractive homes built in eco-harmful manners... people will buy the "green" home.
SO, instead of focusing on some kind of moralizing campaigns to get people to "change their bad ways", let's just lower the barrier for people to live eco-positive lifestyles
we've identified two primary pathways for this:
- decrease the cost of local organic sustainble food by getting people to buy in bulk as individuals or groups
- decrease the cost of eco-housing through consumer friendly development, collaborative consumption, and settling relatively less populated areas
coming soon: the health and wealth house
the health and wealth houses are places where like-minded individuals who want to live a basically eco-positive lifestyle can live together.
their costs are decreased through shared rental agreement (or ownership) and they also utilize their space as a central point for bulk purchasing and distribution of eco-friendly goods
they may also host events along these lines such as healthy food parties, physical activity classes, general working together etc...
at present, bei can provide training and software to streamline the eco-business
here's a video we made that teaches how to start bulk-buying: videoalso available to read now read about the green-way